Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Days ?? to ??: Shuniah to Ottawa

I'm so lost on the days...I'll have to come back and figure out just what days we're on now. Regardless, the trip from Shuniah to Wawa was pretty good. The hills were pretty rolly and it's definitely getting hotter.

As Warren mentioned, we saw a cougar which is quite cool, though I admit I'm glad he kept to himself.

As most of you know at this point, in Wawa I needed to seek a doctor out. Turns out I had a sore that got infected so we had to remain in Wawa for a couple of days. Once getting the ok to head to my family doctor, we did just that and have been in Ottawa for a couple of days now. We'll be heading out again on Saturday morning to continue onto the maritimes from here. I'm doing just fine and at this point I'm just waiting to heal enough so that I can get back on the bike.

It was disappointing to have to miss about 1/2 of Ontario, but it's really the maritimes that we're all looking particularly forward to, and there's no way we could foresee what happened.

At least at this point we will be able to enjoy the rest of the trip hopefully with less of a worry about time and the week in Ottawa is allowing us to get a pile of stuff done.

So, until next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you that sucks about your throat. I hope you feel better soon.

I can't believe how far you guys have gone!!

I was following your progress on Tanya's blog, now I have to check 2 blogs to see what's what with you both!

Jen

Anonymous said...

We had neglected to check your posts for several days Hillary and sorry to learn that you needed to seek a 'Shamans' advice. Hope you get the situation under control and are able to enjoy the rest of your trip, let alone the balance of your summer activities.

We had hoped to see you guys when you were in the Ottawa area and probably could have if I had been more alert.

All the best to both you and Warren for the balance of your trip.

I'm nursing a banged up left leg after unsuccessfully completing a jibe in Soling race which laid the Soling right on its side (very quickly I must admit) and through me against the cockpit combing as water started to enter the boat.

Take care

Suzanne & Keith

Anonymous said...

Hey Hillary,

How are you holding in? Feel good to be back in ON?

I am just wondering... we are looking to make our reservations for our campsite at goldstream...any specific sites you remember to be more private or less in the center of all the craziness? The ones near the path to the falls? The ones in the first section?

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks so much and take care!!! Say hi to everyone for me!!

xo's

-J

Hillary said...

Hello to the Olivers!

Sorry to have missed you as we passed through the region...it was all very quick to happen. Thanks so much for the thought though.

I hope the leg is mending. Sounds like you got hit pretty nastily. Amazing how fast those small boats react eh? yeeks. All the best, as always.