Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 19: Rest Day in Hanna

As mentioned in my previous post, Warren and Tanya ended up stopping in Richdale (a place which seems to consist of a cluster of about 6 or so buildings). We piled the bikes inside the RV and drove back to Hanna, the closest town that had an RV Campground.

After a cold and very windy night (causing much lost sleep for everyone), we finally were all awake and semi-functioning by about 9:30 this morning. However, given the -6C windchill temperature and the 30, gusting to 50km/h winds from the SE, we decided to stay put and take a rest day.

Given that it has now rained considerably, and the wind hasn't given up a bit, I think we made the best decision. I admit I'm particularly happy as it's giving me a chance to get over my cold and rest my knee (which seems to be better today!) yet again.

Supposedly the weather is supposed to be better tomorrow with a decrease in wind, and change of wind direction so that it will be coming from the west (hooray tailwind!!). It's still supposed to be unseasonably cold, but we can deal pretty well with that via many layers.

We shall see what tomorrow brings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hill!! Enjoy your rest day! That's what I'm doing... Jessie and I are parked infront of the TV.. Oh yeah, we had our baby!! On Thursday at 2 in the afternoon. She was 7lbs 4oz, and is named Jessie Isabelle McNally Swan.

Talk to you soon,
McNally