Monday, May 7, 2007

Day 6: Grand Forks to Castlegar

Hello once again. I am writing this on our first rest day....yeehaw. Yesterday was definitely a "let's get through it" kind of day for me. I guess we'll all experience lows here and there. Thank goodness it didn't last the entire duration of the day. The ride from Grand Forks to Castlegar was only 100km, and we summited another pass: Paulson at 1535m, which was our highest yet. Lots of climbing, but once we passed the Paulson summit, it was about 30km downhill to Castlegar which was a wonderful surprise.

Wildlife sighted yesterday: a bumblebee upclose and way too personal, and a butterfly which hitched a ride in my helmet for a bit. I was less than impressed.

I've developed a bit of a knee problem which I think had a lot to do with my state of mind yesterday. Quite frustrating as we don't know what is causing the problem, and I've never had knee problems before. Currently I'm icing it at night, and taking ibuprofen to help with the swelling. Hopefully this rest day will help, and we'll be off fresh and ready tomorrow morning. Optimism always helps, right? :)

1 comment:

The Vegan Vagabond said...

Hillary is one tough cookie! Even when she's down, she still cracks jokes and smiles.

Every day I'm more impressed!